Nayland College - Mathematics
* Be familiar with the Achievement Standard 1.7 #91032 (link to NZQA)
* Link to NZQA resources with worked examples and explanation 1.7 B
* NZQA Clarifications page
* Check the latest comments on the NZmaths forum (login required)
* Any further ideas / suggestions / resources/ comments / errors. Please email email@example.com
* AS 1.7 section on Nayland Web site updated: July 2013
AS 1.7 Triangles AS91032 (3 credit internally assessed)
Possible Lesson Sequence for 1.7 Probability Methods AS91267
Applications of Pythagoras
Properties of triangles Trig introduction
Trig: finding side lengths
Trig: finding angles Applications
3D Applications A
3D Applications B
Vectors + - × ÷<
Vectors & Bearings
Using pythagoras in 2 and 3 dimensions.
- Use trigonometric ratios and Pythagoras’ Theorem in two and three dimensions.
For this standard students need to take their own measurements to solve problems.
AS 1.7 involves Pythagoras and trigonometry involve RIGHT angle triangles.